My Story #5 - Crying for Lost two marks

This dates back to my 5th standard. I always used to be 4th Rank in the class, There were three toppers.

1. Kavitha
2. Grace
3. Deepa
4. Siva

I was never able to get over them all through my 5th standard. Our Teacher's name is Hosana I believe. Subject I think it is English II, I don't remember exactly.

I got the answer sheets, I got around 73 / 100 I believe. I saw my answer sheet, I also saw Deepa's Answer sheet. For the same answers, I got 2 marks and she got 4 marks.

I went to the teacher and asked her the answers look the same, Why did you give me 2 marks instead of 4. I had a psychological expectation I will get two more. The twist was teacher gave zero marks and my score came down to 71. I was crying profusely and angry with the teacher.

It was a Saturday afternoon. It was only half-day working on Saturday. I came home. My dad was making chappati. My mom was giving chutney and my younger sister was having it.

I was narrating the whole incident. My younger sister was studying third standard at that time. After listening she said. The pass mark is 35, You got 71. This is two-pass mark, Why would you need to cry.

Even today she is of a different mindset and you know me now, always thinking/working for what next. I have been always preparing myself for the next version in life without weighing my personal life.

But then Life is for all kinds of people. People who want to achieve, people who want to help, people who want to travel and people who want to live in comfort.

The 2 mark story shows different perspectives of myself and my younger sister.

Happy Reading!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"Fight for you. Believe in you. Bleed. Cry. Conquer - Dan Waldschmidt"