A Day, A Ride, A Lesson - Competency vs Capability vs Qualification

Sometimes small things teach us big perspectives. I was filling up diesel to drive for a Trip. I went to Shell, The diesel tank lid had some issues. They checked something and finally broke it. It looked ok, After getting diesel it was not locked. It was looking bad. 

I called up a service centre, he mentioned it will take a few hours. He said can't do it today. I was hesitant to go without this being fixed. Naveen advised me to check the nearby mechanic shop. I went to a nearby Garage on Haralur Road. He saw it, He seems he knew the way it works. His name is Praveen. He was fluent in Kannada, Tamil, Telugu. He was patient, quiet. He found the spring, checked. 

His behavior was like an expert. Very down to earth. I could spot Land Rover, BMW, Maruthi Gypsy. Every old to latest models. 

It took 45 mins, I could understand the complete action king of spring based for lock / unlock. He charged 100/-, I wanted to pay 200/- because I don't want to leave anything that I feel hurts the quality of the vehicle. I paid 110/- and said I will meet you again.

The dress didn't dictate his familiarity/expertise. His attitude was not a white-collar showroom attitude. Sometimes some gems are there among us who are content, skilled, patient, and kind. Spot them, Connect in your circle. 

Keep Going!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

"Fight for you. Believe in you. Bleed. Cry. Conquer - Dan Waldschmidt"