Improving on Interpersonal Skills

Yep. More we learn about ourselves we also need to understand others. Read an interesting article in link. Below lines mentioned are very good and important I felt.
  • "Listen twice as much as you speak"
  • "Actions Speak Louder than Words"
  • "Schedule in time to reflect.."
  • Start asking yourself questions such as
   “what am I doing?”
   “what am I doing this for?”
    “what do I want to be doing?”
    “will I achieve that by what I am currently doing?”

 
One important message i felt to share from below HBR tips I received - Understand your own motives. Do you really want to help your colleague get better? Or are you looking for an opportunity to point out his annoying faults? Hold your tongue unless you have good intentions

 
Excellent Open ended questions from the Post
  • "In what ways might we make this product even better?"
  • “I see your sales are low this month, what do you think is causing the problem and what can we do to solve it?"
  • "In what ways might we...?" or "How could we...?" or "What new...might...?"
More Open ended Questions from link
  • "That sounds interesting. Can you tell me more?"
  • "What excites you the most about this idea?"
  • "What is the essence of your idea - the core principle?"
  • "How do you imagine your idea will benefit others?"
  • "In what ways does your idea fit with our strategic vision?"
  • "What information do you still need?"
  • "Who are your likely collaborators?"
  • "Is there anything similar to your idea on the market?
  • "What support do you need from me?"
  • "What is your next step?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"Fight for you. Believe in you. Bleed. Cry. Conquer - Dan Waldschmidt"