Life Series - Relationships

Life has been fantastic last few years. I'm going to do a series of posts covering
  • Success in Life
  • Ethics and Values in Life
  • Relationships

I got my enlightenment from TED and Quora. All my findings and opinions are based on my readings / experiences in my life.

Psychological impact of Relationships, Life. I enjoyed watching TED talk on Helen Fisher: Why we love, why we cheat



Interesting points shared by the presenter. I am reposting lines from the transcript of the conversation. All credits goes to the Presenter
How does a person feel when he is in love ?
  • As a truck driver once said to me, he said, "The world had a new center, and that center was Mary Anne."
  • George Bernard Shaw said it a little differently. He said, "Love consists of overestimating the differences between one woman and another."
  • But the main characteristics of romantic love are craving
Brain Behavior when your in love ?
  • The motor in your brain begins to crank, and you want this person
  • The second of these three brain systems is romantic love: that elation, obsession of early love. And the third brain system is attachment: that sense of calm and security you can feel for a long-term partner
  • Dopamine is associated with romantic love
How you fall in love ?
There's all kinds of reasons that you fall in love with one person rather than another.
  • Timing is important
  • Proximity is important
  • Mystery is important
  • You fall in love with somebody who's somewhat mysterious, in part because mystery elevates dopamine in the brain, probably pushes you over that threshold to fall in love
  • You fall in love with somebody who fits within what I call your "love map," an unconscious list of traits that you build in childhood as you grow up
  • And I also think that you gravitate to certain people, actually, with somewhat complementary brain systems. And that's what I'm now contributing to this

One more excellent talk on

Read Quote of Niyikiza Aimable's answer to Life: What are the lessons you learnt from your serious relationship that ended in a break up? on Quora
Hope you enjoyed reading it!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"Fight for you. Believe in you. Bleed. Cry. Conquer - Dan Waldschmidt"